Financial information is the key to change.

Unfortunately, for most of us, basic financial information is not taught in schools. We live in a country that continues to pass out diplomas to people who lack healthy financial skills, creating a society not prepared to handle the financial ups and downs of everyday living. The road to financial freedom is paved with information; join me on my journey.



Lucille Tyler Baldwin

Author of "Sick and Tired of Being Broke"

lucybaldwin27@yahoo.com





Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We Teach What We Know

As adults we set the standard when it comes to financial decisions and the lifestyle we choose. When we become parents we teach what we know and our children will normally imitate our actions. If they grow up watching us consumed with shopping malls, fashion, and spending money they will join the masses and become over spenders.  If we do not teach them when they are young to save and prepare for emergencies when they become adults they will probably struggle with their financial choices.

When I was growing up my parents showered my brothers and me with love, but they were not financially literate. My parents could not pass down what they did not know. So, like many people I learned about personal finance through trial and error. I realized that if I did not want my children to live the paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle then it would be up to me to break the cycle. By learning basic financial information I gained the power to make better decisions with my money. More importantly it gave me the power to break the cycle. 

Lucille Tyler Baldwin
Author of "Sick and Tired of Being Broke"
http://thejourneytowealth.blogspot 
 

1 comment:

  1. Living paycheck to paycheck is tiring.When my girl understand enough, i want to teach her the value of money. Even now,at 3 yrs old, i am indirectly teaching her that she cannot have all the things she desires. she have to work for it. it's important to teach them how to control money from the early age.

    ReplyDelete