Financial information is the key to change.

Unfortunately, for most of us, basic financial information is not taught in schools. We live in a country that continues to pass out diplomas to people who lack healthy financial skills, creating a society not prepared to handle the financial ups and downs of everyday living. The road to financial freedom is paved with information; join me on my journey.



Lucille Tyler Baldwin

Author of "Sick and Tired of Being Broke"

lucybaldwin27@yahoo.com





Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The 2014 Money Saving Challenge



 MONEY - SAVING - CHALLENGE!
  How long does it take to form or change a habit?  I have no idea - I just wish that there was a magic wand or potion that could make me instantly develop good habits.  I would drink a language cocktail so that I could speak Spanish fluently, and a double exercise cocktail so that I could have a beautiful flat stomach. 


  Since there are no magic potions it will be necessary for us to take a leap of faith and depend on ourselves.  I need volunteers to participate in the challenge (I am looking for my Miller Homes family from New Jersey to participate!) 



     If you are interested in forming a habit of saving money - then take the challenge.  Leave a message in the comment section.  If we share DNA I am also looking for you to take the savings challenge.  If we are of the same gender "ladies" then I am looking for you to take the challenge. I am calling all men - I challenge you to take the savings challenge.       



     What will we have to show for our lives if we never keep a portion of what we earn?   Are you content with the state of your finances?  Do you have money set aside for emergencies?  Have you started saving for retirement?  How about the children that you love - have you started a college fund?

   We are never too young or too old to get started.  No amount is too small.  At the end of each day I need EVERYONE - this means YOU! - to start cleaning out your pockets, handbags, purses, book bags, and find all your loose change.  Did you know that if you save an average of $1.37 a day at the end of the year you will have $500.00? 

     I need EVERYONE - YES YOU - AND YOUR KIDS -AND YOUR SISTERS - AND YOUR BROTHERS - AND YOUR BFF - to find a mason jar, a box, a bag, or a bank and start saving your loose change.  We have the remainder of 2014 to develop the habit of saving a portion of what we
earn. 

MONEY-MONEY-MONEY-MONEY-MONEY-MONEY-MONEY-MONEY
  


THE FUTURE IS COMING - IT WILL REQUIRE MONEY TO LIVE IN IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment