Financial information is the key to change.

Unfortunately, for most of us, basic financial information is not taught in schools. We live in a country that continues to pass out diplomas to people who lack healthy financial skills, creating a society not prepared to handle the financial ups and downs of everyday living. The road to financial freedom is paved with information; join me on my journey.



Lucille Tyler Baldwin

Author of "Sick and Tired of Being Broke"

lucybaldwin27@yahoo.com





Friday, August 13, 2010

Doug Banks and DeeDee Show Topic

     On my way home yesterday I was listening to the Doug Banks and Dee Dee Show on the radio. The topic of the day was: “Why are Black People Broke?” The main reason that so many people in America, black, white, yellow, red, or brown are broke is because of a lack of basic financial information. For years I wasted money and created unnecessary debt because of a lack of financial information. The good news is that we are surrounded by financial information.


     Once I learned how to take control of my money, my life changed. Understanding basic financial information gave me the tools that I needed to make the best decisions for my household. So, hang out in the personal finance section at your local library, or book store.  You can join book clubs that focus on topics that educate or you can buy a copy of my book, “Sick and Tired of Being Broke” (smile).

Seriously though understanding basic financial information can improve your life.  It is never too late to learn a new way.  I was in my forties when  I started to learn how to handle my money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment